Transforming Draining Tasks into Energizing Ones!
Do you ever feel your energy sinking just thinking about something on your “to do” list?
I can think of countless times that I’ve done that! My first chakra (practical, grounded. part) is one of my more challenging energy centers. So – I’m not an efficiency expert or coming from a place of mastery in this area. I am passionate about growing and being more energized in my life, and helping others do the same.
I’m writing this blog entry because it’s not something that comes naturally or easily for me. Because it’s difficult, I celebrate every little “win” in this area. Maybe you feel the same way. Or maybe you’re great at this – and would love to comment and share some of your wisdom. All are welcome! 🙂
How Do You Make Adulting Tasks More Fun and Energizing?
Please comment with some of the ways you do this! We can all learn from each other. Here are a few ideas:
Shift your PERSPECTIVE about a task
- If I clean out my closet, I can make room for something new that I love!
- Cleaning brings in fresh energy and I’ll make it fun by dancing around to a great playlist as I clean!
- Sorting through this pile will help me concentrate better.
Change the WAY you do it
- I’m going to bike to do my errands, because the thought of driving around to several places just sounds exhausting (and I keep avoiding it)! This way I get fresh air, exercise, and quality time with my sweetie.
- Don’t want to stretch? Do it while watching TV. Maybe it won’t be the purest yoga experience, but at least your body will feel better!
- Craving a snack? Take an extra minute and make something just a little (or a lot) healthier. You might feel better afterwards rather than guilty.